Wall of Fame
King Cock – biggest roosterfish from a kayak
We catch some serious monsters here at Los Buzos, so we have introduced a top 5 biggest roosterfish trophy. The angler with the largest roosterfish holds the title of “King Cock”. All fish are measured from mouth to the fork of the tail.
1. Darret Cortés, Costa Rica – 58 inches
2. Peter Gulovič, Czech Republic – 57 inches
3. Zachary Bruce, California, USA – 56 inches
3. Kevin Bendeck, Honduras – 56 inches
4. Christopher Warnberg, California, USA – 55 inches
4. Adam Fisk, Florida, USA – 55 inches
5. Robert Field, Vagabond – 54 inches
Billfish Wall of Fame
Right behind our lodge we can find Pacific sailfish, black marlin and blue marlin. Many of our anglers have tried catching the fastest fish in the sea but failed landing them. Do you have what it takes?
Estimated 450lbs black marlin (unassisted). More info here.
IGFA Records at Los Buzos
Here at Los Buzos you get the chance to catch big fish. Some of them are so big that they could be a new record. We are happy to tell you that we have an IGFA (International Game Fish Association) certified scale and IGFA certified measuring tape here at our lodge. If you happen to catch a new record, we can make it official! There are still many species in our fishery with breakable records.